Sunday, October 7, 2012

Harmony





Want to win over $200 in products from My Favorite Things?  Isn't that amazing?  

It's time for the Guest Designer challenge at My Favorite Things.  It's a sketch challenge this month.  If you've never checked out this challenge before, click here to check it out.   The competition is stiff, as usual.  The contest is a great way to gain inspiration and to learn something new.

MFT stamps and products are one of my favorites, and definitely 'go-to' items. The quality of their stamps is amazing and their dies?....to die for!

Today I've chosen to use one of the Pure Innocence stamp called Violin Girl. Isn't she a darling?  Pure Innocence is definitely a great line of stamps, and there is usually a stamp for every occasion.  I definitely recommend a good browse through those stamps.

I paper pieced her dress too!  I totally love how paper piecing just jazzes it all up, don't you?  She's colored with copics.   I've also used a die from MFT as well.  Actually, I've used more than one.  I've used the solid bracket border die for that cute little shaped piece near the bottom of the card.  I've also used the botanical beauty dies for those gorgeous flowers!  I just love how the flowers fit so nicely together.

I must say, though, that the dies are excellent. They always produce a really sharp line and are so handy to pull out to add a finishing touch to a card or whatever project you are working on.  If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend checking them out.  My Favorite Things has over 80 dies! Isn't that awesome?  I think so.

One other thing that I really like about MFT's acrylic stamps is that you can cut them apart to stamp the words in whatever way you like,  I did this on my card.  Originally the words were in two lines, and I knew that wouldn't work for my card.  I did love the sentiment, so I cut it apart, placed it on my block, and stamped!  Voila!  A perfectly fitting sentiment, just as I'd imagined it.  The pieces are easily put back on the acrylic folder that the stamp came in, so it's ready to use another time.

I hope you like my entry.  It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, so I'll wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving.  It's a great reminder for us to be grateful for all life has brought us, and to spend time with family.

Janet


2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet...love those girlies! Great color palette and paper choices!

    ReplyDelete