Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Waltzing Time!



I just love this time of the month---when we get to waltz around the world and feast our eyes on all the beauty....nothing could be better, in my opinion.

The theme for this month's waltz is Valentines \ Love. I chose to create a card around the theme of love, and once again, I decided to use very non-traditional colors.  Without further adieu, here is my card:


I followed the sketch that's available for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I used grey cardstock and stamped it with one of the stamps from the Musical Backgrounds set.  I stamped it in SU Basic Grey ink and them embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I also inked all the edges to give it a distressed, vintage look.  The sentiment was stamped using the same ink and was cut out using one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tag dies.  Before I removed the paper from the die, I sponged the same ink on the tag.  Lastly I added two blue rhinestones to the tag.

Thanks for waltzing by...and enjoy the rest of the waltz. I know it's going to be filled with gorgeous pieces of artwork.

Challenges for this card:
Waltzingmouse Sketch WMSC30
Scrap-Creations
Bunny Zoe's Crafts
Pollycraft--new things--stamps
One Stitch at a Time
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Phindy's Friday
Pal's Paper Arts

27 comments:

  1. Brilliant, love the musical background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation...love is the music of the soul isn't it? Your background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is pretty. I like the effect of the embossing powder. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card, love the musical background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the musical background - this is such a soft and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! the music bg looks great as well as the fancy tag for your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous clean and simple card. I love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the background stamp and a very pretty card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Love the colors you chose and the sheet music! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo love the sparkles and love the beautiful soft neutrals......!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh LOVE how you split the Musical Background to fit the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful "With Love" card

    Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been able to resist so far, but the more I see of the Musical Backgrounds set the more I want it. Your card is lovely! Well done on the Sketch Challenge #30.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you split the bg to fit the sketch! Just a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment showcased in that gorgeous Fancy Tag! Great take on this week's sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the sketch and the non traditional colors for Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PRETTY! LOVE the clear embossing and the fancy tag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty and elegant too!

    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. The blocks of music look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card. The distressed edges really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete